Sunday, December 11, 2011

Knocked out 'em all

Good week in training this week.  I managed to get out for an interval session (Tuesday), a "long" run (Friday) and a hard, race-like effort yesterday.  My other runs were ritual miles.
Homey and I ran together Monday and Thursday.  There's a new nuisance dog on a section of my run which has harassed me on every run this week when I went by it's house.  From a piece of rope, I've fashioned a "Monkey Fist" to influence the choices it makes the next time I run by.  I expect that hideous animal will try to bite me soon, so I'm going to be ready when the time comes.  I cracked myself across the head accidentally with the thing travelling at high velocity and I feel quite certain that the Hideous Mutt will think twice about it's course of action if I ever do Swing With Purpose.

In other notes:  I should be in Cuevas right now, but Nataly's work wouldn't permit it.  She was in the field until mid-afternoon yesterday and didn't get home until after 9.  I'll be going sometime today.  Hopefully I can continue with my consistency from this week.  I'm tacking on 3 more miles and 1 more 400 meter effort.  It'll be interesting to see how the 400 works out on the road to Bella Vista.  I'll probably powerhike Dissertation Ridge too.

Thanks for reading.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...