Friday, August 5, 2011

Schedule juggling.

I've got a complete rant on the inefficiency of government agencies, but that's not really what I want to write about.  In short, I'm still in the process of getting my resident visa here.  Last week I went to pick up my passport with the sticker which says:  Welcome for 1 year, only to find out that one of the pieces of paper they require for the visa was missing a signature.  I waited in a line (and then told to sit) for over 2 hours for that 1 piece of information.

Yesterday, I went and waited in the same line again.  This time with the offending paper appropriately adorned.  Again I was told to wait some more while they went to pull my file.  In total I've waited more than 4 hours in this one line.  

The thing that irks me:  there's one line servicing "outsiders", and there's a second line for Bolivians.  I have only seen 4 people in the "Bolivian" line in total.  Presumably it wouldn't be too hard to cross train the person who services Bolivians to help the person who services outsiders, no?  I suppose irk isn't strong enough...

I get to wait in that line again next week.  Sweet!

Anyway, because of this life requirement, my usual Friday recovery run is going to be yesterday's scheduled workout:  5x9 minute Z4 Cruise Intervals.  It'll be interesting to see how that goes.  I think the wind will lay off today and after Wednesday's fast workout, I'm kind of excited.

As far as recovery workouts go, I did some very light jogging yesterday and spent a couple hours mowing the back side of the house and then raking up the leaves.  That counts right?  My schedule will say 45 mintues in Z1 for Thursday.

Next week will also be weird.  I'm going to be in Cuevas until Wednesday.  I'll be spending a bunch of time in a car on Wednesday too.  Monday's recovery workout will wait until Wednesday and my usual Tuesday and Wednesday workouts will get done on Monday and Tuesday - modified to account for the hilly terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...