Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Getting faster. For sure.

Went out today for a "Endurance Run" and found myself ticking over in the mid 7s.  I realized I'd probably PR a half marathon while I was just out on an everyday run.  I had no water and no food, just was out running in Z2 for 1 hour 45 minutes as my schedule called for.  Well, I decided to stay out for just a couple of minutes longer and try to break 1:40 for the half.  Yup.  Check it out on Garmin Connect.

[edit - Garmin Connect is undergoing a major update.  The embedded map and link to the workout that were supposed to be here, will arrive at some point when Garmin can get it's act together.]

I've mentioned I don't really care about these things, but that doesn't mean I don't know that they're out there. Pretty stoked right now.  Anyway, the middle 13.1 miles I ran in 1 hour 38 minutes and 49 seconds or something like that (I hate adding time), that's almost 5 minutes better than my only other half.
Anyway.

Thanks for reading and don't let the bad dog bite.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...