Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Didn't just run yesterday...

I made some bread.

Up in Cuevas, we've got a giant field of potatoes and Saturday night Hugo and I dug out 2, 5 gallon paint buckets full of them.  Needless to say, I've had potato in some form or another every day since then.  They're tasty.

Monday night I roasted a batch, and yesterday turned that yumminess into Roasted Potato Bread.  I'll spare you the recipe this time; it's straight out of Hamelman.  I accidentally doubled the pre-ferment on Monday night, but that's the good thing about those recipes:  If you've got the ingredients, it's easy to adjust on the fly.  I ended up with 4 loaves, one which I gave away, another which got eaten yesterday (except for the scrap you see in the picture below), and 2 for the near future.


Anyway, it seems that my run yesterday was a bit overzealous so I'll be taking it easy on the foot today.  It is achy, and won't let me walk without a hitch in my step.  If it loosens up today, I may try to get some form work in later on.

Thanks for reading and be safe out there.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...