Thursday, August 11, 2011

The 10 Commandments of Training | Active.com

The 10 Commandments of Training | Active.com
I've used Joe Friel's heart rate training guidelines for many years. Ever since I went from an unfocused/untrained cyclist to one who could go under 55 minutes in a 40Km Time Trial and solo 30 miles to victory in my collegiate division's championship road race.  For that improvement, I followed the guidelines laid out in A Cyclist's Training Bible.

I've been recommending a book of his (Total Heart Rate Training) to many of my athletically inclined friends since I bought it a couple of years ago.  One thing THRT was missing is linked above - Joe's Bible contained a list of 10 common failings of unsuccessful athletes.

My top failing is commandment #2:  Train Consistently.  I've been better in recent weeks, but this week I missed 2 workouts for marginal reasons (poor sleep).

Anyway.  I've got a couple of longer posts in the works - another long run to Bella Vista and the Week in Review one of which will be up later today.
Thanks for reading and consider your failings.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...