Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Run Blogging - Everybody does it.

I have tried this before.

Not terribly successfully.

It seems there's either not much to say or there's way too much and the things I want to get said just...just get left, lonely, somewhere in a deep dusty corner of my brain.

Why would I try doing this again?  Well, some people I've met and respect have moved me with their prose and I've got a pretty big event coming up which I kind of want to ruminate about.  Maybe when it's over I'll keep on writing, maybe not.

What's the event?  I'm getting ready to run in something crazy called Run Rabbit Run in Steamboat.  It's a 50 mile trail run and frankly I'm damn nervous about it.  In part because I haven't ever come close to running that far, in part because the week prior I'm doing the Imogene Pass Run, and in part because I feel like I'm probably a bit under prepared.

All right then, why?  I'm largely doing this race because of Brandon Fuller.  A fellow Longmont runner, who is in a class far removed from me:  Leadville 100 finisher, sub 3 hour marathoner...

His blog made me start thinking, "Well maybe I could run a 50."  I've done 3 marathons in the last year after all, and a 4th in the Indian Peaks training for RRR.  The marathon distance isn't really much to worry about anymore.  I know I can.  Hell, if I cared to do focused training with real speedwork, tightly controlled diet and very limited beer intake, I'm sure I could go sub 3 hours in the marathon.

Anyway.  I'm not sure what or when I'll write.  Today's muse came because I had an unexpected reaction to my workout today:  very sore calves after 9 miles in Vibram Five Fingers.  It's been a long time since I had trouble after a VFF workout, but there it is.  I had planned on doing another 6 after work, but I didn't have my "long run" shoes so I just headed home, best not to aggravate when you're 4 weeks out from a big race.

Thanks for reading.
J

1 comment:

  1. That guys sounds awesome. Will be following your adventure! Let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...